For the purpose of this agreement the following words shall
have the following meanings set cut against them:
- LABORATORY: Gemmological Certification Services
- CUSTOMER: An individual company, firm, body or other
organization who as owner or agent for the owner entrusts
or sends any items for testing for the Laboratory
- ITEMS: Any gemstones, pearls, stones, or jewellery
containing said objets entrusted or sent to the Laboratory
- REPORT: A verbal statement or printed report which details
the results of a Laboratory examination
In order to maintain a low fee schedule the laboratory accepts
items for testing unger the following conditions:
- The Laboratory shall only be liable to a customer for
damage or loss of Items to the extent that such loss or
damage is due to the proven negligence or proven misdeed or
proven fraudulent act or default of an employee of the Laboratory.
- Apart from in clause one above, neither the Laboratory nor
its employees shall be liable in respect of any loss, damage
or expense occasioned by any error, omission, or opinion
provided in any Report issued by the Laboratory
- The information presented by a Report is the result of
testing the Items based on the testing equipment and
techniques considered appropriate by the Laboratory at the
time the Items are tested. The Laboratory shall not be liable
for any differences which may result from the testing of the
Items by another party.
- A Report is provided for the sole use of the Customer
- A Report is not a warranty, guarantee, appraisal or
valuation and the Laboratory makes no representations or
warranties regarding any Report.
- The Laboratory shall only accept Items for testing if the
Customer has adequately insured the Items against “All Risks”
without recourse against the Laboratory for the period of
time during which they are in the possession of the Laboratory.
- If a Customer requires insurance, the Laboratory will
endeavor to obtain it on the Customer’s behalf and any premium
payable and any other expenses incurred in obtaining such
insurance shall be payable by the Customer to the Laboratory.
These terms shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.