AIM OF THIS COURSE
Diamond, because of its many properties, is one of the most extraordinary gem materials on this planet. For that reason, it is one of the most interesting to study.
Upon completion of this course, learners will have a comprehensive understanding of the unique chemical, physical and optical properties of diamonds; how they are formed, mined, processed and cut; and how they are graded according to the 4 C’s (colour, clarity, cut and carat weight).
The learner will also be given an overview of the most common treatments and methods of synthesis on the market and how they can be identified.
The course consists of 8 lessons and 1 test – together with 2 hours of online tutoring with one of our instructors.
- Physical and optical properties
- Diamond mining
- Diamond cutting
- Synthesis of diamond
- Treatments and enhancements
- Fancy coloured diamonds
- The identification of natural diamonds
- Diamond grading
WHO IS IT FOR
Designed for anyone with a desire to learn about one of the most important commercial gemstones – diamond.
No previous knowledge of the subject is required.
WHAT YOU EARN
- No prerequisite is needed.
- This course is available for long distance learning. You can register at any time and study at your own pace.
- There are no time restrictions.
- Price is £200 (Digital); the courses are also available in print at an additional cost.
- No basic gem testing equipment is included in the cost of this course.
- Please note prices are given before tax. For UK residents VAT (20%) must be added.