AIM OF THIS COURSE
This in-depth course covers the twenty-six major groups, species and varieties of coloured gemstones.
Each lesson will cover the chemical, physical and optical properties that make these gemstones unique; their specific geologies and commercial localities; and the treatments, common simulants and methods of synthesis associated with each of them.
The learner will also be given an insight into the mining and manufacture of the gemstones and, in respect to the major groups, an understanding of colour grading and pricing.
The course consists of 30 lessons and 5 tests – together with 5 hours of online tutoring with one of our instructors.
- Physical and optical properties
- Gem mining
- Gem cutting
- Coloured gemstone grading
WHO IS IT FOR
This is a general interest course designed for everyone – beginners, trainee gemmologists or working professionals wishing to know more about jade and opals.
It is also an opportunity to discover gemmology and find out if you may be interested in further studies in this field.
WHAT YOU EARN
- No prerequisite is needed.
- This course is available for long distance learning. You can register at any time and study at your own pace.
- There are no time restrictions.
- Price is £450 (Digital); the courses are also available in print at an additional cost.
- No basic gem testing equipment is included in the cost of this course.
- Please note prices are given before tax. For UK residents VAT (20%) must be added.