This practical workshop will take the learner through the various steps required to
confidently identify the most common gemstone treatments using standard gemmological instruments.
The treatments covered will be: bleaching, dyeing and coating, impregnation,
high-temperature heat treatment in corundum, and clarity-enhancement techniques.
It will also address how far basic testing can take the gemmologist, and how it should be used in conjunction with other means of advanced testing.
- Prerequisite needed: A basic understanding of gemmology and the use of standard testing equipment is required. Refer to Gem Testing Beginners Workshop
- 1-Day Practical Workshop
- Price is £250
- Equipment will be provided during this course
- Each student will receive a GCS 10 x loupe and gem cloth.
- Please note prices are given before tax. For UK residents VAT (20%) must be added.
- This workshop can be offered offsite – please reach out if you would like to find out more.
This course is designed to complement the laboratory-created gemstones workshop. It is also recommended for our Career Gemmology students and students of the Basic Gemmology, Advanced Gemmology and Coloured Gemstones online theory courses.
Upon the successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of completion.
This practical workshop will be running on the following dates:
- Thursday 30th November 2023 (Fully booked)