This practical workshop will take the learner through the various steps required to confidently view and decipher the more common inclusions found in commercial gem material. The focus will be on the most easily recognisable inclusions and what they can tell us about the gemstone’s identity, treatment and possible origin.
It will also address how far the microscope can take the gemmologist, and how it is used in conjunction with other means of advanced testing.
- No prerequisite needed
- 1-Day Practical Workshop
- Price is £195
- Equipment will be provided during this course
- Each student will receive a GCS 10 x loupe and gem cloth.
- Please note prices are given before tax. For UK residents VAT (20%) must be added.
- This workshop can be offered offsite – please reach out if you would like to find out more.
Upon the successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of completion.
This practical workshop will be running on the following dates:
- Friday 29th September 2023 (Fully booked)
- Friday 10th November 2023 (Fully booked)